Leo Messi has scored in the last 12 league matches, his goal tally in the domestic competition stands at 34 goals - level with the mark set by Ronaldo in 1996/97
This Sunday’s valuable draw leaves us with a couple curious and interesting facts:
- Messi set a new league record on Sunday as he scored in his 12th consecutive league match.
- The Argentine forward has scored 34 goals in 22 matches, it’s the same amount of goals that Ronaldo scored in the 1996/97 season.
- Messi is two matches away from reaching his 300th official match for FC Barcelona. His goalscoring average is 0.82 goals per match.
- With the goal scored against Valencia, Barça have netted in every Liga match they’s played in the past calendar year. The Blaugrana have scored 135 goals in the last 40 matches.
- The last league match that Barça did not score in was on January 28 of 2012, against Villarreal (0-0).
- David Villa featured in his 100th official match for FC Barcelona on Sunday. He’s scored 42 goals for the Blaugrana.
- Of the nine matches played by Barça in 2013, Messi and Alves have started in eight of them and Sergio, Xavi, Cesc, Pedro and Iniesta, were in the starting lineup on seven occasions.
- Gerard Piqué won back possession the most for Barça in Mestalla (14).