With Sunday’s goal against Malaga, the Argentinean has now scored at least once in each of the last nine league games
Leo Messi / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
- Barça also set a new record for the number of goals scored away from home in the first half of a league campaign, 35 – two more than their previous record two seasons ago.
- Cesc Fàbregas, with six goals, is Barça’s second leading league scorer this season.
- Below are some of the facts and figures from the brilliant 1-3 win at La Rosaleda.
- Barça set a new record for points won in the first half of a season with 55 out of a possible 57 and now lead second place Atletico Madrid and 18 ahead of third placed Real Madrid.
- With 10 wins, Barça have equalled their record of successive away wins set in the 2010/11 season.
- With 35 goals, the team have also scored two more than the previous record set in 2010/11.
- With 12 successive wins, the team are just four short of the La Liga record of 16.
- Leo Messi’s goal at La Rosaleda means he’s now scored at least once in the last nine games – one short of the record set by the Brazilian Ronaldo (1996/97) and Mariano Martín (1942/43).
- Cesc Fàbregas also scored on Sunday and is now the team’s second leading scorer in the league, with six.
Season 2012 - 2013 iCal
© Copyright FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona Official site