FC Barcelona's win against Athletic Bilbao (2-0) leaves us some curious stats that are reviewed below:
- Magic month of March for Messi. The Argentinian striker has scored 12 goals in seven games.
- The victory against Bielsa’s Athletic Bilbao is the eighth consecutive win in the League.
- Messi, with 27 goals, equalled the record for goals at home in a League season, held by Zarra (season 1950-1951) and Baltazar (1988-1989).
- Iniesta has never lost a game that he scored in. With Barça, he’s accumulated a balance of 35 wins and three draws. For Spain, he has 10 wins and a draw.
- Andres kept up his unbeaten record: he has now played 53 consecutive games without defeat in the League. Furthermore, he scored goal number 50 of his football career, 39 goals in a Barça shirt, and 11 in international matches.
- The Camp Nou recorded the biggest crowd of the season in the League with 88,207 spectators.
- Andres Iniesta, this Saturday against Athletic Club Bilbao played his 397th match, allowing the midfielder to enter the top ten in FC Barcelona's history, equalling the game splayed by Quim Rifé.
- Alves and Mascherano were able to withstand the Barque pressure and were the players who won most balls: 13.
- Meanwhile, Sergio Busquets was the Barça player who received most fouls: 4.