Under his administration, FC Barcelona have won 60 titles between all of the Club’s professional teams
Austerity measures have been implemented in addition to economic growth policies. These policies guarantee the sustainability of the Club
In the social area he bolstered the idea that Club members are the owners of the Club thanks to his policies of revamping the season ticket waiting list and updating the census of Club members and Supporters Clubs
Sandro Rosell steps down from his post after three and a half years as president of FC Barcelona. Here’s an overview of his tenure:
- A total of 60 titles were won by the Club’s professional teams (10 football titles, 10 basketball titles, 13 handball titles, 7 roller hockey titles, 13 futsal titles and 7 women’s football titles).
- Among them, we highlight the Club’s fourth Champions League title and the second Club World Cup title. In addition, the handball European Cup (2010/11) and the UEFA Futsal Cup (2011/12) were also won.
- In the 2011/12 season the Club’s record for the most titles won in a single year was broken when 17 titles were secured.
- A total of seven players were signed for the first team: Adriano, Mascherano (2010), Alexis, Cesc (2011), Jordi Alba, Song (2012) and Neymar Jr (2013).
- This season, 17 of the 25 players that form the first team are products of the Club’s youth academy. Since 2010, a total of 24.5 million euros have been invested in the Club’s youth academy.
- In 2011 the new Masia, Centro de formacón Oriol Tort, opened after an investment of 9 million euros.
- Austerity measures have been implemented in addition to economic policies that guarantee the sustainability of the Club and prioritise athletic excellence.
- In the 2011/12 season a record profit of 49 million euros was generated and in the 2012/13 season the Club finished the fiscal year with a profit of 32 million euros.
- The Club’s debt has also been reduced. The net debt on June 30, 2010, was 430 million euros and in 2013 it fell to 331 million.
- More than 35 million euros have been invested in the Club’s installations and facilities since 2010.
- The land sold to the Ciutat Esportiva for 21.6 million euros was recovered and the sale of the Miniestadi was prevented.
- Barça is the number 1 brand in world football. The team’s kits are the most sold in the history of the Club.
- FC Barcelona are an independent, socially inclusive and transversal Club.
- Club members have been reaffirmed that they are the owners of the Club.
- Statutes reforms give members more power and they encourage participation and establish mechanisms that guarantee economic control of the Club.
- The season ticket waiting list has been streamlined, for the first time in nine years 361 new season tickets were issued to members, 14 of whom have disabilities.
- The census was updated, this also includes members of the Club’s supporters clubs. There are a total of 138,454 supporters clubs members and 1,354 supporters clubs around the world.
- The Club’s social headquarters has been equipped with the latest technology and contributions have been made to consolidate the OAB, OAP and OAE offices.
- Just as Rosell promised, season tickets prices have not gone up.
- Online, FC Barcelona have become the leading athletic club worldwide (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Tencent Weibo, Instagram, Line). The biggest growth has been on Facebook: three years ago the Club only had 2.4 million followers; now there are more than 52 million.