Overview of stats and facts from the first three years of the Board of Directors chaired by Sandro Rosell
The Ordinary General Assembly was held this Saturday afternoon ahead of the match against Valladolid, and it served to close out the 2012/13 fiscal year, pass the 2013/14 budget, and ratify the new Club Statutes. In addition, throughout the six-hour long event, the Assembly reviewed the first three years of the Board of Directors chaired by Sandro Rosell. Here’s an overview of the stats and facts presented during the Assembly:
- 57 titles have been won between the Club’s professional teams – football, basketball, roller hockey, futsal, and the women’s football team.
- In the 2011/12 season the Club’s professional teams won 17 titles, a record silverware haul in Club history.
- The waiting list for Camp Nou season tickets has been made more accessible, which has led to 361 season tickets – 14 of which have been awarded to disabled members – being awarded to members for the first time in nine years.
- The median price for a Camp Nou season ticket is 536 euros, one of the lowest prices in European football. The Board stands by its commitment to not raise the price of season tickets beyond IPC (inflation) throughout its tenure.
- Last year the Club conducted a supporters clubs census, which allowed FC Barcelona to confirm that it has 138,454 supporters clubs members and 1,354 supporters clubs around the world.
- 725 supporters clubs events have been held, 367 of which were attended by representatives from FC Barcelona.
- Last season the Club closed out the fiscal year with a 49 million euro surplus.
- The 2013/14 budget projects revenues of 509 million euros, which means Barça will break the 500-million euro mark for the first time in its history.
- Revenues from royalties – the sale of Barça merchandise – currently stand at 15 million euros, two times more than they were three years ago.
- The Club’s official website went from three languages to eight – Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and Indonesian – and it registers 45 million page views per month.
- From the 2009/10 season, the Camp Nou has seen an increase in ticket sales of 64%.
- In the last three years the Club has invested 73 million euros in youth teams - approximately 24.5 million per season.
- The FC Barcelona Museum receives 1.5 million visitors a year.
- In 2010 the Club’s debt was 430 million euros and it’s been reduced to 331 million euros.
- The Club has invested 35 million euros in facility improvements.
- The Club has seen the number of online fans and followers spike on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Tencent Weibo, Instagram, Line) over the last three years. The number of fans the Club currently has stands at 78 million.
-13 smartphone applications have been published by the Club, which has led to an increase of 28% (2% previously to 30% currently) in smartphone traffic to the website, which in turn generated a total of 1.6 million euros in the 2012/13 season.
- Approximately 400,000 people benefit from FC Barcelona Foundation projects.