Two videos Josep Guardiola are the two most-watched videos on the Club's official YouTube channel
The third most-watched video of the year involves Pinto's penalty save over Pirlo in the Joan Gamper
The Club’s official YouTube channel has registered spectacular numbers after a year where FC Barcelona claimed 17 titles. With more than 54 million views, the Azulgrana followers highly rated the Club’s the successes and the key moments of the 2011/12 season. Two videos about Pep Guardiola especially stand out: The Camp Nou’s tribute to the manager in his last home match, and the overview of the manager’s trajectory while on the Barça bench.
The five most-watched videos of the season
1. The Camp Nou’s tribute to Guardiola. The video that highlights the supporters’ emotional tribute to the Barça manager received the most views out of all of Barça’s uploaded videos this year. The video has been watched 2.5 million times, and so far it has received 12,000 upvotes and 3,5000 comments
2. Thank you, Pep!: This video, which gives an overview of Pep Guardiola’s time on the Barça bench, is the second most-watch video of the year. So far the video has a little over two million views. It is, however, the highest rated video of the year with 17,000 upvotes and the video with the most comments (5,000).
3. Pinto saves Pirlo’s Panenka-style penalty: The penalty shootout in the Joan Gamper Trophy got a lot of attention online after Italy beat England in the penalty shootout in the EURO quarterfinal. The video of Pinto saving Pirlo’s shot has over one million views, 1,000 upvotes and close to 300 comments.
4. Thiago’s magic: The youth player’s eruption onto the first-team scene made an impact online. The video that highlight’s Thiago’s skill has over one million views, 1,000 upvotes and close to 500 comments.
5. FC Barcelona cheerleader casting: The video of the Barça cheerleaders closes out this year’s Top 5 most-watched YouTube videos. The video has been seen 700,000 times, it has been upvoted 500 times and it received 400 comments.