Barça have more than 100 million fans on social media platforms
FC Barcelona surpassed the 100-million fan mark on social media last week, and on Saturday night the Club celebrated with its members and fans to commemorate the historic feat. FC Barcelona are without a doubt the leading sports club online. In addition to the 100 million fans, the following ten stats are worth keeping in mind:
- In 2013 more than 32 million people started following FC Barcelona on social media platforms.
- The most shared FC Barcelona related story on Facebook in 2013 was the comeback against AC Milan and the victory over Real Madrid.
- The most popular tweet on the @fcbarcelona_es account was the announcement of the Neymar deal. It was retweeted 12,000 times.
- @fcbarcelona_cat is the most followed Catalan-language account in the world, with more than 4.15 million followers. It ranks as the 36th most followed sports account in the world.
- FC Barcelona were pioneers when they hosted the first digital hangout in Catalan, with Gerard Piqué. The Google+ hangout with Piqué is the most-watched hangout in the footballing world.
- FC Barcelona’s YouTube videos are watched 52 million times each month.
- FC Barcelona's YouTube channel is the most followed out of all the teams in the Champions League.
- Leo Messi is the FC Barcelona player with the most followers on Facebook, with 53.7 million fans. His numbers put him ahead of David Beckham and Michael Jordan. The second is Neymar Jr, with almost 18 million, third is Gerard Piqué with more than 10 million.
- On Twitter, Neymar Jr (9.7 million), Iniesta (7.9) and Piqué (7.8) are the most followed players on the team. Fàbregas and Puyol have more than 6 million followers apiece.
- FC Barcelona’s Facebook page has over 55.1 million fans and it’s in the top 25 most followed Facebook page in the world.