fcb.portal.reset.password

Sergi Roberto, at Thursday's act. / VÍCTOR SALGADO-FCB

Sergi Roberto (right), with David Bellver and a keepsake from when he played in the MIC with Barça. / VÍCTOR SALGADO-FCB

FC Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto spoke about the team’s season so far at the inauguration of the Mediterranean International Cup (MIC) youth football tournament.

The tournament is a special one for Sergi Roberto as he represented Santes Creus at just 10 years of age and Barça in 2008.

“To win a second Champions League (back-to-back) is difficult but it would be historic,” said the 24-year-old. “We are aware that we can achieve another treble. We are in the final of the Copa del Rey, there are just ten games left in the league and the Champions League is very hard, but we will try.”

From a personal perspective, Sergi Roberto feels his increased playing time in the first team is “thanks to hard work” and that the team “is in great form”.

Speaking of the upcoming Champions League last-16 second leg against Arsenal, the midfielder said: “Arsenal is a very strong opponent, we have a two-goal lead and they have some big absentees, but they will make things difficult. We will go for the win from the very start.”

Three FC Barcelona teams in MIC

The tournament takes place on 23 and 27 March in 22 municipalities of Girona and will include three Barça youth teams: U12, U14 and U16.


Sergi Roberto presents MIC 2016 por fcbarcelona

Back to top