fcb.portal.reset.password
Eusebio signs his contract, Jordi Mestre and Andoni Zubizarreta were present

Eusebio signs his contract, Jordi Mestre and Andoni Zubizarreta were present / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

Eusebio Sacristán signed his contract extension with Barça B this afternoon. He will remain at the Club until June 30 of 2015. The signing ceremony was attended by the sporting vice-president, Jordi Mestre, and the football director Andoni Zubizarreta.

After he had signed, the Barça B manager said: “It’s a privilege to stay on another year training a team I love like Barça B.” He went on to thank the Club for extending his contract: “The directors have had confidence in me since I started three years ago. They didn’t stop supporting me and they always gave me their confidence.”

When asked about the upcoming season, the manager said, “the objective is to stay in Segunda, and finish as well as possible. We will continue the work we did this year and try to improve next season.”

Fantastic season

This will be Eusebio’s fourth consecutive season at the Barça B helm. This season Barça B have offered up great performances, and they’ll feature against Hercules in the last game of the season (Saturday). If Barça B win, they will equal the record set by Luis Enrique’s team in 2010/11 when Barça B completed their best season in Club history.

In his first year, Barça B finished 8th (59 points) and last year they finished 9th (57 points).

It’s worth noting that this is Eusebio’s third time at the Club. He was part of the Dream Team, and after that he was Frank Rijkaard’s right hand man.


Back to top