The New Palau Blaugrana complex will be located on the site of the current Miniestadi, next to the new Camp Nou metro station on Line 9, and will consist of four independently operating spaces. There will be a large multifunctional arena, with the capacity for 10,000 spectators for matches, plus a Mini Palau with the capacity for 2,000 spectators, and a complementary ice rink. Above the ice rink and the Mini Palau will be the Barça Escola academy, which will have brand new facilities and two football fields.
The New Palau Blaugrana will have spacious and easily accessible areas that will be perfectly equipped to accommodate all services for spectators and also be fully adapted to people with reduced mobility.
Each sports section will have its own area including all required offices and services, and there will be 24 VIP Boxes and four 'skybars' with views of the court.
A Palau with history
There have been many unforgettable moments at the home of the FC Barcelona professional sections
The voice of the Palau heroes
Huge numbers of players and former players from the different sections use one word to sum up what the Palau Blaugrana means to them.
The architects’ opinions
The proposal by the HOK + TAC team of architects stands out for its innovative concept of a multifunctional arena, as well as for its permeability, flexibility and personality. Its organic geometry makes for a streamlined connection between the New Palau Blaugrana, the Mini Palau, the ice rink, and the Barça Escola facilities. The winning team is currently working with the club's technical staff and Barcelona City Council to specify and intensify the integration of the new site into the rest of Espai Barça and the city.
HOK is one of the leading architecture and engineering firms in the United States, with experience of all kinds of projects all around the world. HOK developed the American Airlines Arena in Miami, the Nationwide Arena in Ohio and the Stockton Arena in California, as well as the First Direct Arena in Leeds. Locally, Eduard Gascón of TAC Arquitectos is the leader of a solid team with extensive experience in all types of projects in Barcelona, such as the award-winning Parque del Turó de Can Mates, the Technological Centre in Manresa and different office blocks in Barcelona.
The features of the New Palau Blaugrana
These are the characteristics of the New Palau Blaugrana
- Innovative multifunctional arena concept that is part of the new generation of architectural design.
- Adapted to Euroleague regulations.
- Capacity for sporting events of up to 10,000 spectators and 12,500 for social and cultural events.
- Organic geometry that provides streamlined connections between the New Palau Blaugrana, the Mini Palau, the ice rink and the Barça Escola facilities.
- Asymmetric design: a single tiered bowl of seats and an extension of the seating area at the end overlooking the stadium.
- Configuration of flexible and retractable seating areas to adapt the capacity to each different use.
- Single seating area brings spectators closer to the oncourt action to intensify the atmosphere in the arena.
- Specific features for each professional section.
- Excellent views from all seats.
- Catering and hospitality services, services for members and season ticket holders (24 VIP Boxes, 4 'skybars' with views of the court).
- Spacious, easily accessible and fully adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- Latest generation media facilities (pressroom and work area and more than 250 m2 of service area).
- Construction applying the strictest criteria in terms of energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
- Mini Palau annex with capacity for up to 2,000 spectators.
- Next-generation Olympic size ice rink.
- 2 football pitches and new facilities for Barça Escola academy.
The New Palau Blaugrana will have flexible and retractable seating areas to adapt the capacity to each different use
The New Palau Blaugrana will be notable for being environment friendly, its smart façade and its comfortable exterior