- Copy link
The international break occupied the agenda for a number of Barça players over the last fortnight. Follow the news of their national teams below (all times CET).
Wednesday 18 November
10.50pm: The international round of fixtures comes to an end this Wednesday with the games from the UEFA Nations League and we review those matches with Barça involvement:
- Albania 3 - Belarus 2. Barça B striker Rei Manaj played all 90 minutes and scored Albania's third goal in the win that sees the Balkan nation earn promotion to Level B in the Nations League.
- Belgium 4 - Denmark 2. Barça striker Martin Braithwaite played the whole game in his nation's defeat against a Belgian national side coached by Catalan Robert Martínez.
- Poland 1 - Netherlands 2. Frenkie de Jong featured in all 90 minutes for the Dutch in a win which was not enough to see them through to the semi finals of the Nations League.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina 0 - Italy 2. Miralem Pjanic played 77 minutes of the defeat against Italy which denied Holland a place in the semi finals of the Nations League.
2.00pm: The final match day for the internationals! These are the Barça players in action this Wednesday:
6.00pm: Albania - Belarus (Rei Manaj)
8.45pm: Bosnia & Herzegovina - Italy (Pjanić)
8.45pm: Belgium - Denmark (Braithwaite)
8.45pm: Poland - Holland (De Jong)
4:00am: Barça's excellent 24 hours on international duty continued with a 2-0 win for Argentina over Peru in Lima. Leo Messi played all 90 minutes and was in sparkling form as goals from Nicolás González and Lautaro Martínez handed the albiceleste a victory that takes them on to 10 points from 4 matches. In South American World Cup qualifying Argentina stay two points behind leaders Brazil who have a 100% record still after their 2-0 win over Uruguay in Montevideo.
Tuesday, 17 November
10.50pm: Great day for the Barça players on international duty:
- Spain trounced Germany 6-0 to make it through to the last four of the Nations League. Sergi Roberto played all 90 minutes in the win.
- France also made it to the last four with Griezmann a starter in the 4-2 win over Sweden.
- Trincao played 45 minutes in the 3-2 away win for Portugal over Croatia.
12.00pm: There are plenty of international fixtures involving FC Barcelona players today. Here's the full list:
6.45pm: Spain U21 v Israel U21. European U21 Championship Qualifier. Pedri & Iñaki Peña.
8.45pm: Spain v Germany. Nations League. Sergi Roberto (Sergio Busquets out with injury).
8.45pm: Croatia v Portugal. Nations League. Trincao.
8.45pm: France v Sweden. Nations League. Griezmann & Lenglet.
1.30am: Peru v Argentina. World Cup Qualifier. Messi.
Monday, 16 November
10.45pm: A big win for the USMNT against Panama in Austria with Sergiño Dest starting in the 6-2 win over the Central American side. The goals came from Gioacchini (2), Soto (2), Reyna and Lletget with Konrad de la Fuente an unused substitute.
10.45am: No games in Europe with a day off from UEFA Nations League fixtures. However, the USA national team is in action with Dest, Konrad and co. taking on Panama at 8.45pm in a game that is taking place in Austria.
Sunday, 15 November
11.00pm: Martin Braithwaite played for 76 minutes of Denmark's game against Iceland, which ended in a 2-1 win for the Danes thanks to an injury-time penalty.
8.00pm: The Dutch team beat Bosnia 3-1 in a match with Barça representation in both teams. De Jong started and played the 90 minutes, while Pjanić also started and was substituted on 89. In addition, Rey Manaj started and scored a penalty in Albania's victory against Kazakhstan (3- 1), and was subsequently replaced in the 86th minute.
1.00pm: A new day of international matches for Barça players, and day 5 of the UEFA Nations League will see a game between two FC Barcelona players. Below is a list of today's matches with Barça representation:
- 6.00pm: Holland - Bosnia and Herzegovina. Nations League (De Jong and Pjanić)
- 6.00pm: Albania - Kazakhstan. Nations League (Rey Manaj)
- 8.45pm: Denmark - Iceland. Nations League (Braithwaite)
Saturday 14 November
11.10pm: Good and bad for the Barça players tonight.
France won 1-0 away to Portugal to qualify for the Nations League Final Four at the home side’s expense. Griezmann played all 90 minutes at the Stadium of Light, but Lenglet didn’t feature. Trincao came on for Portugal for the last eighteen minutes.
Meanwhile Spain, featuring Sergi Roberto (90 minutes) and Sergio Busquets (72) frew 1-1 away to Switzerland. The point doesn’t make too much difference to the overall picture. Spain still have to win in Germany on Tuesday to make the finals
9.00am: Two Nations league games today feature Barça players. It's top against bottom as Spain go to St. Jakob Park in Basel with Sergi and Sergio in the team. And we have a head-to-head at the Stadium of Light where both the home side, Portugal, and the visitors, France, have Barça representation:
8.45pm: Switzerland v Spain. Nations League (Sergi Roberto y Sergio Busquets)
8.45pm: Portugal v France. Nations League (Trincao, Lenglet y Griezmann)
Good news for Philippe Coutinho and Ronald Araujo, both of whom are out injured, as their countries picked up wins in Conmebol World Cup qualifying. Roberto Firmino scored the only goal as Brazil beat Venezuela, and Uruguay got an impressive 3-0 victory in Colombia. Brazil top the 10-team group with the only 100 per cent record after three games, with Argentina second.
Friday 13 November
4.00pm. Today there are no international matches with Barça representation.
3.00pm: Konrad's international debut: from La Masia, to the United States national team.
3.30am: Leo Messi played all 90 minutes and had a second half strike disallowed in Argentina's 1-1 draw with Paraguay in Buenos Aires. The point from the 2022 World Cup qualifier leaves the albiceleste well placed in South America with 7 points from 3 matches.
Thursday, 12 November
10.45pm: Konrad plays 71 minutes and makes his debut for the full USA national side whilst Dest plays 87 minutes of the draw against Wales.
ISI Photos/John Dorton
8.30pm: Miralem Pjanic played the first 45 minutes of Bosnia's home 2-0 defeat against Iran.
11.00am: This Thursday sees more international fixtures for the Barça players away with their national squads:
- Bosnia Herzegovina-Iran (6.00pm)
- Wales-USA (8.45pm)
- Argentina-Paraguay (1.00am*Friday)
Wednesday, 11 November
10.45pm: We look at the Barça players in action on this first day of fixtures during the international break.
De Jong: Started for Holland in the 1-1 draw against Spain before being replaced at half time.
Trincão: Started in Portugal's 7-0 win over Andorra and played 74 minutes.
Lenglet: Started in the 2-0 home defeat against Finland, replaced with 10 minutes to go.
Griezmann: Came on in the second half and played 33 minutes of France's defeat at home.
7.00pm: B Team striker, Rei Manaj plays the second half of Albania's 2-1 win over Kosovo.
11.00am: This Wednesday, the first international matches with possible culé representation are played, all of them friendlies.
- 4.00pm: Albania - Kosovo. Rey Manaj (Friendly)
- 7.30pm: Denmark - Sweden. Braithwaite* (Friendly) - Isolated by a contact with Covid-19, he will not be able to participate in the match.
- 8.45pm: Holland - Spain. De Jong, Sergio Busquets and Sergi Roberto (Friendly)
- 8.45pm: Portugal - Andorra. Trincão (Friendly)
- 9.10pm: France - Finland: Griezmann and Lenglet (Friendly)
- Copy link