Barça v Benfica, the final Champions League group game, was the first of the FCB’s 2012/13 season that ended as it started
- Until the 0-0 draw on Tuesday, Barça had scored at least once in all 14 Liga matches, and also in 5 UCL games, 2 in the Copa and also both legs of the Spanish Supercup.
- The Alcántara brothers, Thiago and Rafinha, played together almost one year after they did so for the first time, on December 6, 2011 in another Champions League against Bate Borisov (4-0).
- Carles Planas made his Champions League debut a week after his first ever game for the first team against Alavés.
- Four of the six Barça B players team picked by Vilanova started against Benfica: Tello, Planas, Rafinha and Sergi Roberto.
- This was the 34th time since the 2008/09 season that Messi has come on from the bench.
- Barça had 62% of the possession.
- Thiago made the most good passes of the night (83 out of 93).
- Although he didn’t feature last night, Xavi Hernández was still far and away the best passer of the ball in the group stages. With 663 good passes, his tally was a staggering 259 greater than that of second placed Niklas Moisander (Ajax).
-Maxi Pereira recovered the most balls (12).
- David Villa, with four, had the most shots on target.