The Argentinian forward took centre stage last night in Barça’s match away to Granada. Here’s an overview of the juiciest facts and figures from the game at Los Cármenes:
- Messi has scored in 14 consecutive La Liga matches, the only two teams that have not conceded a goal to the Argentine are Sevilla and Celta.
- The Blaugrana forward is the first player in Spanish football history to score in 12 away matches in the same season and he’s the second player to score more than 20 goals away from home - the first player to manage this feat was Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Messi has scored 37 goals in La Liga this season, and 48 in all competitions, taking his all-time tally as a Barça player to 301 official goals (his goal per game average stands at 0.82).
- Counting his goal against Granada, Messi has scored a total of 10 goals from free kicks for Barça since the 2008/09 season. Yesterday’s was Messi third goal from a free kick this season. The first two were against Real Madrid, in the Super Cup and La Liga.
- FC Barcelona won its first game on the road this Saturday since the second half of the season started.
- In addition, the game against Granada was Barça’s seventh come-from-behind vicotry of the season, the fourth in La Liga (the others came against Osasuna, Sevilla, Atlético and Granada).
- Barça have scored a total of 80 goals in La Liga from 24 matches. Half of those goals were scored at the Camp Nou, the other 40 on the road.
- FC Barcelona enjoyed 72% of the possession last night, shot on goal 18 times, 6 of those were on target, and one hit the post.