Against the Andalusian side, Barça were made to fight from a goal down for the seventh time this season
Just like the first game of the season against Sevilla, Barça were made to mount a comeback in order to take the three points. The other teams that lost after taking a lead over Barça are Madrid (Super Cup), Osasuna, Celtic (Champions League), Atlético Madrid and Granada. Here are the most interesting stats and facts from last night’s 2-1 victory:
- Sevilla haven’t defeated FC Barcelona in the last 12 league meetings between the two sides.
- The manager UnaiEmery has never defeated Barça (10 defeats and 5 draws).
- Messi has scored in 15 consecutive league matches and, in the 2012/13 season, the only team he hasn’t scored against is Celta.
- Barça have conceded at least one goal in their last 11 matches.
- Montoya was named to the starting line-up for the first time since November 17th.
- DaniAlves featured in his 150th league match for Barça.
- Villa’s goal against Sevilla was his eighth scored from a header for Barça.
- Barça enjoyed 67% of the possession and shot on goal 17 times (to Sevilla’s 7).
- Thiago, who has started in the last three league matches, was the most active player: 110 completed passes from 119 attempts.