Below we take a look at some of the facts and figures surrounding Tuesday’s game against Milan:
• Robinho’s goal was the first that Victor Valdes has conceded in the competition this season, after keeping a clean sheet against Ajax and Celtic.
• Javier Mascherano and Sergio Busquets (12) won most possession for Barça during the game.
• Xavi Hernández (140) overtook Paolo Maldini (139) to become the player with the third highest number of appearances in the European Cup.
• Xavi Hernández was also the player who covered most ground in the game – 11 kilometres and 171 metres.
• Leo Messi completed his first 90 minutes since the 0-4 win over Rayo on September 21st.
• The match also marked the first time this season that Andrés Iniesta had played two consecutive games.
• Tata Martino sent out the same 11 players who figured in the 4-1 win over Real Sociedad - the first time he has repeated the same line up.
• Adriano Correia was again named in the starting line up – for the eighth straight game.
• Of Messi’s twelve goals so far this season, nine have come in the first half.
• Messi has now scored six goals against Milan, more than any other team but for Arsenal and Bayer Leverkusen against whom he’s also scored half a dozen.