- Copy link
Despite the draw at the Ciutat de València, Barça extended their ocupation of the top spot in La Liga to 58 straight weeks. Atletico Madrid’s dropped points at home to Seville (1-1) means that the two stay level on points, with Barça leading on goal difference.
Below are some more facts and figures from the game against Levante:
- Cesc is the only player in the squad to have started the first five games of 2014 . The Catalan scored in two of the games and was subbed in three.
- Gerard Piqué scored his third goal of the season and his first in the league, having found the net twice in the Champions League. He’s now scored 18 times with the first team.
- Jean-Marie Dongou made his league debut. The Barça B youngster had previously featured in a Spanish Cup and a Champions League game for the first team.
- Vyntra’s goal was the first Barça have conceded in 2014, having kept clean sheets against Elche, Atletico Madrid and twice against Getafe.
- In fact, Víctor Valdés hasn’t conceded a goal since the 1-4 win against Betis in November, though he missed a couple of months out injured of course.
- Jordi Alba (14), Sergio Busquets (12) and Gerard Piqué (11) recovered most possession for the team on Sunday, whilst Xavi – with 114 – made most passes.
- Martín Montoya made his 50th appearance – having played in 38 wins, 7 draws and 5 draws.
- Leo Messi has now played 399 times for the first team and could reach the 400 mark this Wednesday – when the side again travel to play Levante – or on Sunday at the Camp Nou.
- Copy link