- Copy link
FC Barcelona suffered their fifth league defeat of the season in Granada on Saturday – here are some facts and figures form that game:
- Gerardo Martino’s side had 29 shots - 9 on target, 10 missing the target and 10 of which were blocked. Granada had just 5 shots – but got the only goal of the game.
- Barça had 13 corners, whilst Granada only had one.
- Song (109), Iniesta (105) and Cesc (104) were the players who were involved in most action for the team.
- Martín Montoya won most possession for the team -12.
- It’s been 11 games since Montoya last played: he figured in the 3-1 defeat at Anoeta.
- Barça set a record for possession in recent years, with an astonishing 86%.
- The game was the fifth time that Busquets and Song played in the same side, but the first that either of them had played at centre half this season.
- Barça hadn’t gone two consecutive games without scoring since 2008, when they lost 1-0 to Numancia and Wisla Cracovia.
- Sergio Busquets will miss next Sunday’s game against Bilbao at the Camp Nou after he picked up his fifth yellow card of the season.
- Leo Messi was also booked: his first of the league season. He’s only picked up one other yellow this year, in the Cup against Real Sociedad.
- Copy link