- Copy link
The Camp Nou will get its first glimpse of Luis Enriqu's new Barça side this Monday, when the Club hosts the forty-ninth edition of the Joan Gamper Trophy
Luis Enrique, Messi, Luis Suárez, Neymar, all the new and returning players, Rafa Márquez, the fans... They’ll all play starring roles this Monday at the Joan Gamper Trophy, which will again serve as the team’s presentation in front of the home supporters. The game between FC Barcelona and Club León kicks off at half past eight at the Camp Nou, but before that there’s a whole host of activities: the stadium opens at half past six and the squad will be officially presented an hour later – there are plenty of reasons to come along and enjoy this, the forty-ninth edition of the Joan Gamper Trophy!
- Luis Enrique’s Barça make their Camp Nou debut: after 35 days of pre-season hard work, Luis Enrique will present his new Barça to the Camp Nou faithful, with he himself making his home debut as first team coach.
- Luis Suárez presentation: Luis Suárez has been training with the first team squad since Friday, following the decision made by CAS on Thursday and the Uruguayan is in for an emotional day on Monday, when he will be officially presented to the fans and is also set to play his first game in a Barça shirt.
- Welcome to the new signings: Every year, the Gamper Trophy gives the Club’s summer signings the chance to greet the home fans for the first time and alongside Luis Suarez, Claudio Bravo, Rakitic, Mathieu, Vermaelen, Masip, Ter Stegen and Rafinha will also be presented.
- Messi’s first game of the season: Leo Messi, his fellow Argentinean Javier Mascherano and the Brazilian internationals Alves and Neymar, were the last players to return after the World Cup and although they have been training for the last few days, Monday’s game will be their first of the season.
- Neymar back after injury: Neymar has been training after his injury at World Cup and Luis Enrique has made it clear the Brazilian will be given the medical all clear this Monday.
- Messi, Neymar and Luis Suárez together: The Gamper could give the fans the chance they’ve been waiting for all summer to see the three South Americans together up front.
- Xavi up for tenth Gamper: Xavi Hernàndez made his first team debut in 1998, but didn’t figure in his first Gamper till 2000. On Monday, he could make his tenth appearance at the tournament - matching Eladio, Eusebio, Ferrer, Marcial, Miguel Reina and Urruti.
- Homage to Rafa Márquez: The ex-FC Barcelona defender will be one of the other big stars of the night and will receive a special mark of recognition and has been given permission from his new club Verona to return for a special few club minutes to play with his ex-team Club León.
- All day Festa Gamper: The Club installations will be open from ten o’clock for the Festa Gamper with a whole host of activities for the whole family.
- Final test before the league kicks off: The Joan Gamper Trophy will be Barça’s last pre-season game ahead of the start of the league programme at the Camp Nou next Sunday - a great chance to see Luis Enrique putting the final touches to his team ahead of the big kick off next weekend.
[[BOTOVERMELL::COMPRA++Entrades Trofeu Joan Gamper::https://tickets-fcb.fcbarcelona.com/fcbarcelona/ca_ES/entradas/evento/1931/session/92444/step1r2?utm_source=web-fcb&utm_medium=background-ticketing-ca%20&utm_campaign=fugm-leon::HOR::NF::NO-TRACKING::::::]]
- Copy link