FC Barcelona's win against Athletic Bilbao produced plenty of interesting trivia Neymar Jr scored his third brace since joining the club
• Claudio Bravo was in goal for the first three Liga matches and kept a clean sheet in each of them. It’s the first time a team has survived this far without dropping a point or letting in a goal since Atlético Madrid in 1991, and the first time Barça have done it since 1985.
• It’s also the first time Barça have started the league with three consecutive shutouts since 1993/94, when Andoni Zubizarreta was in goal. That run was eventually broken in game four by Higuera (then of Zaragoza).
• That’s now eleven straight league wins against Athletic at the Camp Nou. The Basques haven’t picked up a point on trips here since 2003/04.
• It was win number 50 for Jordi Alba in a Barça shirt. In a total of 73 games, he has also experienced 12 draws and 11 defeats.
• And it was the third brace for Neymar Jr in official matches for Barça. Last season, he also got one hat trick.
• Seven players have featured in every league game so far this season, namely Bravo, Mathieu, Jordi Alba, Sergio, Rakitic, Munir and Leo Messi.
• It was the first official outing of the season for Martín Montoya, who played the full 90 minutes.
• Barça vastly outnumbered Athletic in terms of chances. They had 15 shots on goal compared to just three for the Basques.
• Barça players have only been cautioned three times in the three games played to date. Sergio saw yellow on Saturday, and the only other names to have gone in the book are those of Pedro and Dani Alves.
• It was the first time Luis Enrique has coached a side to a win against Ernesto Valverde. At Celta last year, he lost one game 3-2 and the other was a 0-0 draw.