- Copy link
Barça and Espanyol meet in the local derby on Sunday at 5.00 PM CET. Here’s a round-up of essential information to get you in the mood for the game:
- Barça have won 91 league matches against Espanyol, more than any other opponent in the history of the competition.
- Barça have won 62 home fixtures against their local rivals, with 9 draws and 9 wins for Espanyol.
- Espanyol have not scored in their last five league meetings with Barça (4-0, 4-0, 0-2, 1-0 and 0-1). They have never before gone for six games without a goal against FCB.
- It’s now been 455 minutes since Álvaro Vázquez scored the last derby goal for Espanyol on January 8, 2012, nearly three years ago.
- At the Camp Nou, the story gets even worse for the blue-and-whites, where they haven’t found the net since 2009.
- Espanyol are one of just three teams, the others being Real Sociedad and Cordoba, that have yet to register an away win this season.
- Espanyol is also one of the three team in the competition against which Leo Messi has scored four goals in the same match. The others were Valencia and Osasuna.
- The ‘parakeets’ are also a regular victim of Pedro Rodríguez’s goalscoring prowess. The Canary Islander has scored five times against Espanyol, the only team to have suffered more against him being Rayo Vallecano, who he’s scored against six times.
- FC Barcelona have only conceded six goals this term, equalling the record set in 1986/87.
[[BOTOVERMELL::Entrades++Barça - Espanyol::https://tickets-fcb.fcbarcelona.com/fcbarcelona/en_US/entradas/evento/1933/session/105024/step1r2::HOR::::NO-TRACKING::::::]]
- Copy link