- Copy link
FC Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid are set to clash on Sunday at 9.00pm (CET) at Camp Nou. Let's take a look at some interesting facts and figures surrounding the matchup:
- Barça are undefeated in their last 8 league games against Atlético—6 wins and 2 ties.
- The last 15 league games between the two have yielded 63 total goals, an average of 4.2 per game.
- Both of their league matches last year ended in a draw, 0-0 at Madrid and 1-1 at Camp Nou in the last game of the season, which gave Atlético the league title.
- Neither Luis Enrique nor Diego Simeone have beat Sunday's respective adversary in the league. Luis Enrique lost both games to Atlético last year as coach of Celta while Simeone has only managed 2 draws and 1 loss against Barça.
- Atlético have been Leo Messi's second favourite scoring victim, letting in 17 goals, just behind the 18 that 'the flea' has netted versus Sevilla.
- Atlético have scored more goals with headers (19), while Barça have conceded the fewest headers, with just 1 all season.
- Fernando Torres, just back with his old team, is the active league leader in goals scored against Barça with 7.
- Atlético player Antoine Griezmann leads the league this season in goals scored by header, with 4. This despite being just 174cm (5'8") tall.
- Marc Bartra leads the league in minutes played without committing a foul with 341.
- Draws are the most common result when Barça and Atlético square off, happening 19 times. The next most common are 2-1 (14 times), and 1-0 and 1-2 (11 times each).
- Copy link