EXPANDED SURROUNDINGS, VEHICLE-FREE
The Espai Barça opens up the Club's facilities in the neighborhood and creates large spaces for public use that will connect different areas of the city. FC Barcelona will invest approximately €75m to make all parking underground and will separate areas for pedestrians and vehicles to improve safety. The modification of the PGM includes an estimated investment of €28m from the Club to improve and reorganize the roads and pedestrian walkways surrounding the stadium and to create green areas for the city.
Underground parking with 3,200 spaces for cars, more than 1,000 spaces for motorcycles and 400 new secure spaces for bicycles.
New bus parking for around 50 buses at the Nou Palau Blaugrana, with no visual impact on the neighborhood.
Area between Avenida Joan XXIII and Travessera de les Corts to be made completely flat.
• Improvement of safety and visibility and reinforcement of the urban characteristics of the surroundings.
• Incorporation of on-street motorcycle parking.
• 5 meter-wide sidewalks throughout the area.
• Incorporation of two-way bike lanes throughout the area.
• Renewal of all the streets surrounding Club property.
• Absorbtion of all attendees into the immediate area to decongest streets and sidewalks.
• Separation of pedestrians and vehicles in the surrounding area, allowing for the creation of a green area on Avenida Joan XXIII.
• Access for fans of visiting teams via the North Goal, moving them away from the neighborhood.
• Redesign of the 2 security perimeters around the stadium, so that they are closer to the stadium on match day. On non-match days there will be free access up to the facade of the Stadium.
PEDESTRIAN AND BICYCLE TRAFFIC
• Campus open for attendees on game days, minimizing disturbances in the neighborhood, with an open esplanade providing services.
• New meeting point in the city, of more than 4 hectares, and a new connection hub between the district of Les Corts and the University of Barcelona.
• Improvement of signage for pedestrians.
• Increase of foot travel and reduced air and noise pollution in the neighborhood.
• Increase in activities offered before and after games, to reduce congestion and mass gatherings at peak hours.
• New parking entrances designed and sized to avoid pedestrians.
• Almost 3km of new two-way bicycle lanes.
• New underground parking for 400 bicycles.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION / BUSES
• Higher frequency of public transportation for games.
• Two new bus lots, 50 spaces at the future Palau Blaugrana, 30 at La Maternitat.
• Conversion to a green zone for the parking garage at the Universitat de Barcelona’s Parc Científic.
• Elimination of Lateral parking access via Travessera de les Corts and Maternitat, to eliminate traffic jams in the neighborhood.
• New parking management system to optimize parking on match days.
• Reduction of sidewalk impact of motorcycles on match day (Travessera de Les Corts, Av. Joan XXIII, etc.)