August has brought plenty of activity at FC Barcelona, with a 4-2 defeat of Premier League champions Leicester City, but a heavy 4-0 reverse to last season’s Europa League finalists Liverpool at Wembley. Meanwhile in Rio de Janeiro, Neymar Jr and Rafinha are among the 22 FCB athletes that are competing at the Olympic Games..
Here's our pick of the main stories from the last seven days:
2. Twenty-two different FC Barcelona athletes are competing at the Rio de Janiero Olympic Games
4. The Liga ACB basketball calendar for 2016/17 is announced.
5. The Olympics don't get off to the best of starts for Neymar Jr and Rafinha as Brazil are held 0-0 by South Africa6. Eight more players report back for duty7. Rivaldo joins FCB legends
6. Barça B get off to winning start in Copa Catalunya7. Leicester v FC Barceona: A vibrant match and a 4-2 win in the duel of national champions
8. Andrés Iniesta gives his first press conference of his second season as captain
10. Liverpool v FC Barcelona: Digne makes debut in hefty defeat at Wembley.