FC Barcelona, who haven’t lost any of their last 13 European home matches, are looking to seal qualification for the last eight of the Champions League
The following is a selection of trivia connected to the game on Wednesday at the Camp Nou between FC Barcelona and Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the second round second leg of the Champions League.
- This will be the eighth meeting between FC Barcelona and Bayer 04 Leverkusen. Barça have won four, drawn one and lost two of their last meetings. The last time they met was the 3-1 win at the BayArena last February 14.
- If FC Barcelona knock out Bayer 04 Leverkusen, they will be in the quarter finals of the Champions League for the fifth time in a row.
- Guardiola's side has not lost any of their last 13 Champions League home matches. Their last home defeat dates back to October 2009. Since then they have won eleven and drawn two.
- Barça have won their last nine games at the Camp Nou against German opposition, scoring 24 goals and conceding just four. They last lost at home to VfB Sttutgart in the second round of the Champions League in 2009/10.
- Bayer haven't won an away fixture in the Champions League for ten years. Their last win on the road was back in October 2002, when they beat Maccabi Haifa FC 2-0. Since then they have had three draws and nine defeats away from home.
- Leverkusen have lost the first leg at home eight times and have never managed to turn the tie around in the second leg.
- Barça have qualified 31 times out of 33 in European competitions when they have won the first leg away from home. The last time this happened was against Real Madrid in last season's Champions League semi final.
- Leo Messi is back after missing the last league match through suspension. The Argentinian is the top scorer in the competition with seven goals. He has also had the most shots on goal (20) and the most shots off target as well (21).
- Carles Puyol is the only FC Barcelona player that's one yellow card short of a suspension. If he is booked tonight, he will miss the next Champions League fixture.
- Leverkusen have let in 11 goals in Europe this season, the highest number of any of the teams that qualified for the last sixteen.