The Les Corts football ground, inaugurated on 20 May 1922, was the focal point of the Club’s growth and first golden age
It was one of the best football grounds in Europe at that time. It was designed by Santiago Mestres and Josep Alemany, and cost a total of 991,984.05 pesetas. It had an initial capacity of 22,000 spectators and successive enlargements tripled this capacity to 60,000.
The Les Corts football grounds witnessed three decades of hope and glory, but also saw less successful periods.